Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2019 Goals

Happy 2019! To start off the New Year, we're setting up some pages...just for our foundation. If you've been here for a while, then you know our Love For Blue pages shared our personal journey. Now, we're looking for a place to share our foundation. To reach out to more people. And to grow the work we are doing. 


We  have BIG goals for 2019. Starting with our annual fundraiser. Do you know, this year will be our 5th Annual? Last year, we struggled. Personally. And our fundraiser was a bit different. In 2019 we are headed back to our 5K Run and Fun Walk.


Do you know any runners? Even walkers. I used to be a runner. A daily runner. But this year, I'll be walking. Health reasons. But as long as we get out there and have fun. Prices will be $25 a person. $15 for kids 12 and under.

We're opening up the registration on February 1st. If you are interested, or know someone who is...send me an email at LoveForBlueFundraiser (at) gmail (dot) com. Like I said, you don't have to be a professional runner. Just someone ready to move.


We'll also be bringing back our Bake Sale. One of my favorite parts. As well as selling our crafts. So maybe pick up your coffee and sweet treats before the run.

If you'd like to donate a bake good, you can always reach me LoveForBlueDonations (at) gmail (dot) com. We'll happily accept anything you are willing to donate. Including paper goods.


One of the major changes for our 5th Annual Fundraiser...is a Car Show! Yes! I said a Car Show. We've been wanting to start this part of our Foundation for years. And this year, it's going to happen!

If you have a car, bike, or if you are part of a Car Club...you can reach me at LoveForBlueCarShow (at) gmail (dot) com. We'll have Prizes for the Best Car and Voters Choice.


Lastly, we will be hosting a raffle. I've been collecting some items. I'm making a blanket. And of course, we're accepting donations. If you have anything that you'd like to donate, please contact me at LoveForBlueDonations (at) gmail (dot) com.

In short here are the details:

What: 5th Annual Love For Blue Fundraiser

*Includes a 5K Run and Fun Walk
*Car Show
*Bake Sale

When: Sunday, April 28, 2019

Where: Vecinos del Bosque Park

Time: 10AM-2PM

Registration: Begins February 1, 2019

I hope that you will join us. In some capacity. Even if it's to have a quick bite to eat. Or to purchase a small item. Remember, this is our largest fundraiser of the year! Please help us spread the word. If you'd like some flyers, please leave me a comment and a way to reach you.

In 2019 we'd like to double our scholarship fund. And this is only possible, with all of your help! And support. Thank You so much, for everything you've done...over the last few years. We still can't believe we are here! Happy 2019!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Years Later

I can't believe it! 4 years ago, in a hospital room, we started Love For Blue. It was my Dad's 82nd birthday. He was hospitalized f...